PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The categories of personal information we collect depend on whether you are a user or visitor, and the requirements of applicable law.
Information You Provide to Us.
Account Creation: When you create a user account, we may collect your name, phone number, email address, age, picture, username, and password. You also have the option to upload your phone’s contacts, which will be used to find friends using the Service and reach out to them to play with.
Your Communications with Us. We collect personal information from you such as email address, phone number, or mailing address when you request information about our Services, register for our newsletter, request customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us.
Surveys. We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include personal information.
Social Media Content. We may offer forums, blogs, or social media pages. Any content you provide on these channels will be considered “public” and is not subject to privacy protections.
Registration for Sweepstakes or Contests. We may run sweepstakes and contests. Contact information you provide may be used to reach you about the sweepstakes or contest and for other promotional, marketing and business purposes, if permitted by law. In some jurisdictions, we are required to publicly share information of winners.
Information Collected Automatically or From Others
Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically when you use the Services. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, details about your browser, operating system or device, location information, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before, during and after using the Services, information about the links you click, and other information about how you use the Services. Information we collect may be associated with accounts and other devices.
In addition, we may automatically collect data regarding your use of our Services, such as the types of content you interact with and the frequency and duration of your activities. We may combine your information with information that other people provide when they use our Services, including information about you when they tag you.
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Services may not work properly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in the Services that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
- Third Party Pixels and Cookies. When you visit our website, log in, register or open an email, cookies, ad beacons, and similar technologies may be used by our online data partners or vendors to associate these activities with information they or others have about you, including your email address. We (or service providers on our behalf) may then send communications and marketing to these email addresses. You may opt out of receiving this advertising by visiting https://app.retention.com/optout.
Analytics. We may also use Google Analytics and other analytic service providers such as Segment, Facebook, Amplitude, Sentry, and Buglife to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on our Services.
- For more information about Google Analytics, please visit https://google.com/policies/privacy/partners. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- For information regarding how to opt out of Segment’s processing, please visit https://segment.com/legal/privacy.
- For information regarding Sentry, visit https://sentry.io/privacy.
- For information regarding Instabug, visit https://instabug.com/privacy.
Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information about you from other sources, including through third party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you. For example, if you access our Services through a third-party application, such as an app store, a third-party login service, or a social networking site, we may collect information about you from that third-party application that you have made public via your privacy settings. Information we collect through these services may include your name, your user identification number, your user name, location, gender, birth date, email address, profile picture, and your contacts stored in that service. This supplemental information allows us to verify information that you have provided to us and to enhance our ability to provide you with information about our business, products, and Services.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information for a variety of business purposes, including to:
- Fulfil our contract with you and provide you with our Services, such as:
- Managing your information and accounts;
- Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services;
- Communicating with you about your account, activities on our Services and policy changes;
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device;
- Processing your financial information and other payment methods for products or Services purchased;
- Providing advertising, analytics and marketing services;
- Communicating with you about products, services, and events offered by Backbone and others, request feedback, and send news, gifts or other information we think will be of interest to you via SMS, email, or other communication platforms (see the "Your Choices" section below for information on how to opt out of marketing messages);
- Providing Services on behalf of our developer partners who use our SDK, such as maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, and verifying customer information;
- Processing applications and transactions; and
- Allowing you to register for events.
- Analyze and improve our Services pursuant to our legitimate interest, such as:
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Measuring interest and engagement in our Services and short-term, transient use, such as contextual customization of ads;
- Undertaking research for technological development and demonstration;
- Researching and developing products, services, marketing or security procedures to improve their performance, resilience, reliability or efficiency;
- Improving, upgrading or enhancing our Services or devices;
- Developing new products and Services;
- Ensuring internal quality control;
- Verifying your identity and preventing fraud;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Enforcing our terms and policies; and
- Complying with our legal obligations, protecting your vital interest, or as may be required for the public good.
- Provide you with additional content and Services, such as:
- Personalizing your gaming experience;
- Identifying friends to join your game parties;
- Furnishing you with customized materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services;
- Auditing relating to interactions, transactions and other compliance activities; and
- Other purposes you consent to, are notified of, or are disclosed when you provide personal information.
- Automated profiling. We may use technologies considered to be automated decision making or profiling. We will not make automated decisions about you that would significantly affect you, unless such a decision is necessary as part of a contract we have with you, we have your consent, or we are permitted by law to use such technology. You may escalate any concerns you have by contacting us below.
- De-identified and Aggregated Information. We may use personal information and other data about you to create de-identified and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access our Services, or other analyses we create.
- Share Content with Friends or Colleagues. Our Services may offer various tools and functionalities. For example, we may allow you to provide information about your friends through our referral services. Our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email, text, or other notification inviting your friend to use our Services.
- Operationally Necessary. This includes Technologies that allow you access to our Services, applications, and tools that are required to identify irregular site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security or that allow you to make use of our functionality;
- Performance Related. We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how our visitors use the Services;
- Functionality Related. We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Services. This may include identifying you when you sign into our Services or keeping track of your specified preferences, interests, or past items viewed;
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first party or third-party Technologies to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Services or on third party sites.
- Cross-Device Tracking. Your browsing activity may be tracked across different websites and different devices or apps. For example, we may attempt to match your activity on your phone with your browsing activity on your tablet. To do this, we or our technology partners may share data, such as your browsing patterns, geo-location and device identifiers, and will match the information of the browser and devices that appear to be used by the same person.
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We do not share your personal information, other than with the categories of third parties listed below. For a list of the categories of personal information we have disclosed about consumers for a business purpose in the past 12 months, see below:
A real name, alias, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
|A name or telephone number.
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
|D. Commercial information.
Records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
|E. Internet or other electronic network activity.
Browsing history, information on a consumer's interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
F. Inferences drawn from other personal information to create a profile about a consumer.
|Profile reflecting a consumer's preferences, or behavior.
We have not sold personal information to third parties in the preceding 12 months.
Service Providers. We may share any personal information we collect about you with our third- party service providers. The categories of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust personal information include: IT and related services; information and services; payment processors; customer service providers; and vendors to support the provision of the Services.
Developer Partners. We may share your personal information with third-party developers who integrate the Backbone SDK into their products or services.
Business Partners. We may provide personal information to business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear along with ours.
Affiliates. We may share personal information with our affiliated companies.
Advertising Partners. Through our Services, we may allow third-party advertising partners to set Technologies and other tracking tools to collect information regarding your activities and your device (e.g., your IP address, mobile identifiers, page(s) visited, location, time of day). We may also combine and share such information and other information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) with third party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit third party websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising.” We may allow access to other data collected by the Services to share information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. If you prefer not to share your personal information with third-party advertising partners, you may follow the instructions below.
Disclosures to Protect Us or Others. We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we store associated with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
Disclosure in the Event of Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract.
International Data Transfers.
You agree that all information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live. We have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected and require our third-party service providers and partners to have appropriate safeguards as well. Further details can be provided upon request.
You have certain choices about your personal information. Where you have consented to the processing of your personal information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and prevent further processing by contacting us as described below. Even if you opt out, we may still collect and use non- personal information regarding your activities on our Services and for other legal purposes as described above.
Email and Telephone Communications.
We process requests to be placed on do-not-mail, do-not-phone and do-not-contact lists as required by applicable law.
We may send you push notifications through our mobile application. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings on your mobile device. We may also collect information regarding your phone contacts if you use our mobile applications and opt in. You may opt-out of this collection by changing the privacy settings on your mobile device.
“Do Not Track.”
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising.
You may stop or restrict the placement of Technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these and learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, https://youradchoices.ca/choices/, and www.aboutads.info/choices/. To separately make choices for mobile apps on a mobile device, you can download DAA’s AppChoices application from your device’s app store. Alternatively, for some devices you may use your device’s platform controls in your settings to exercise choice.
|Name of partner
|Cookies & Other Storage Technologies
Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device. Advertisements on third-party websites that contain the AdChoices link may have been directed to you based on information collected by advertising partners over time and across websites. These advertisements provide a mechanism to opt out of the advertising partners’ use of this information for interest-based advertising purposes.
Your Privacy Rights. In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
- Access to/Portability of Personal Data about you consistent with legal requirements. In addition, you may have the right in some cases to receive or have your electronic Personal Data transferred to another party.
- Request Correction of your personal information where it is inaccurate or incomplete. In some cases, we may provide self-service tools that enable you to update your personal information or we may refer you to the controller of your personal information who is able to make the correction.
- Request Deletion of your personal information, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law.
- Request restriction of or object to processing of your personal information, including the right to opt in or opt out of the sale of your Personal Data to third parties, if applicable, where such requests are permitted by law.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at playbackbone.com/support. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
By using the Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Services, by mail or by sending an e-mail to you.
The Services are not directed to children under 13 (or other age as required by local law), and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, you may contact us as set forth below. If we learn that we have collected any personal information in violation of applicable law, we will promptly take steps to delete such information, unless we have a legal obligation to retain it, and terminate the child’s account.
If you are located in the European Economic Area or the UK, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe our processing of your personal information violates applicable law.
Effective Date: March 18, 2024
This policy describes Backbone Labs, Inc.’s information collection and use practices on the places where it appears. This includes our website, mobile app, and other places it is referenced. This policy does not apply to information we collect from employees or contractors.
NOTICE AT COLLECTION
Information We Collect
The type of personal information we collect depends on your relationship with us. It also depends on how you interact with us. Described below by category is the information we may collect and if we share that category of information for behavioral advertising. To learn how to modify your behavioral advertising preferences view our Notice of Right to Opt-out of Sharing/Selling for Behavioral Advertising.
- Account information. We collect information relating to your account or purchases. For example, we collect basic registration details like your name and email address and username. We collect your physical address and phone number. You may be able to share other account-related information with us too, like if you choose to provide a profile photo. We collect some information about your friends when you invite or refer them to Backbone or import your contacts. In some cases, we may share this information for the purpose noted above.
- Demographic information. We may collect information like your age. We may also collect your zip code and state. In some cases, we may share this information for the purpose noted above.
- Feedback information. We collect any information you voluntarily provide to us. For example, if you choose to share any feedback or contact customer or technical support. This also includes information you may provide in forums or social media pages. In some cases, we may share this information for the purpose noted above.
- Professional information. We collect resumes, education, and employment history from job applicants. This includes information about your skills and qualifications for the position.
- Usage information. We collect information about the browser or hardware you are using. We also collect information about the sites and apps you came from and where you visit when you leave us. We may also collect your operating system and IP address. We also look at the areas of our site and app you visit and any actions you make. We also collect device identifiers. This may include your mobile carrier. In some cases, we may share this information for the purpose noted above.
We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information, as defined by California law, for inferring characteristics or for purposes other than those permitted by law. We keep these categories of personal information as long as necessary or relevant for the purposes for which it was collected. We also keep information as required by law.
We Use Your Information As Described
We use your information for the business and commercial purposes outlined here:
- We use information to communicate with you. We use information to respond to your questions. We also use information to communicate with you about this policy or our Terms or your relationship with us. We may also contact you about your feedback. If you apply for a job, we use information to process your application.
- We use information to provide our products and services. We use information to process your order, account registration and to provide our site and app. For example, we use information to recommend specific games and features that you may like. We may also use information to suggest other users with whom you may want to connect or chat with on the app. We also use information so you can invite users to join Backbone.
- We use information to improve our product and services. We use information to improve our products, site and services. It also includes saving certain preferences and tracking other performance data. We use this information to customize your experience, analyze product trends, and to develop our products.
- We use information for marketing purposes. We use your information to share updates about new products and special offers, including promotions, surveys, and contests. This may be through email, on our app, or on social media platforms. We might also use this information to tell you about products and offers, new features, or updates. This may be about our offers or offerings of third parties. We also use information to provide you with newsletters or other content we think you may find interesting. We may send you surveys. We may also use your information to engage in interest-based advertising. This includes serving you with content on our platforms or on social media platforms. This may occur after you leave our sites or platforms and may encourage you to return. We may also serve ads that we think are relevant to you based on your browsing habits or online activities.
- We use information to protect ourselves and others. We use information to protect our company. This includes to identify fraud or secure and protect our systems and accounts. We may also use information to protect our users.
- Our basis for processing European information. Our basis for processing your information for the reasons described above is typically to perform a contract, including responding to your requests. For example, this includes providing customer service. Where this applies, if you choose not to provide information, we may be unable to perform the contract or respond to your request. We also process information based on your consent. Where you have provided consent, you have the right to withdraw it. We also use information about you when we have a legitimate purpose in doing so. For example, this includes helping secure and improving our app.
We use information as otherwise permitted by law (or as we may notify you).
WE COLLECT INFORMATION IN A VARIETY OF WAYS
We collect information directly from you. You might provide us information in several ways. For example, we collect information when you create an account, make a purchase, contact us, or participate in a survey. We also collect information from you if you sign up for email communications or otherwise submit it to us. This could be in person. It may also be over the phone or online or on a hard copy document. We collect information if you submit a job application.
We collect information passively. We collect information about users over time and across different websites and apps. We also work with third parties that collect personal information this way. We may use several common tracking tools to collect information. Tracking tools include browser cookies and web beacons. To learn more about cookies visit the FTC’s Online Tracking page. We may work with others to gather information on our platforms and elsewhere. We may do this on our websites and in emails that we send to you.
We collect information about you from others. Social media platforms and third-party apps or accounts may give us information about you. We may also collect information about you from other users. This might include your name, phone number, or email address if they invite or refer you to our app or if they have linked their contacts to their Backbone account. Entities that perform background checks may provide us with information for job applicants.
WE COMBINE INFORMATION
We combine information that we have collected offline with information that we collect online as permitted by law. We combine information we have collected across other third-party sites. We combine information collected across devices, such as computers and mobile devices. We also combine information that we get from a third party with information we already have.
WHEN WE MAY DISCLOSE INFORMATION
Below are situations when we may disclose personal information or where you can use our platform to disclose information. We have also explained the categories of entities with whom your information may be disclosed.
Disclosing information through the Backbone app. The Backbone app is designed to let you join chats with your friends and other users through the app. Any information you share through a text function (such as your profile, chats to other users, captions relating to Highlights, etc.) will be available to other users. Friends can tell if you are “online.” If you use the app to create a recording of your screen when playing a game, anyone who receives the URL can view the recording.
We disclose information within our family of companies. This includes our parent company. It also includes current and future subsidiaries and affiliates.
We disclose your information with vendors and others who perform services on our behalf. We may disclose all categories of information with trusted service providers. These include companies who help us deliver our products and services to you. For example, those that help us run the website and app and send communications. It also includes companies who help us evaluate your job application.
We may share information for behavioral advertising. We may share information with third parties in order to provide behavioral advertising. In the Notice at Collection (above) we outlined which categories of information are shared for behavioral advertising.
We may disclose information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves. We will transfer all categories of information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We will also disclose it if a government agency or investigatory body requests. This includes U.S. and non-U.S. law enforcement or regulatory authorities.
We may transfer information with any successor to all or part of our business. If all or part of our business was sold, we may transfer all categories of information as part of that transaction. If there is a merger or acquisition, we may transfer all categories of your information.
We may disclose information for other reasons we may describe to you or as permitted by law.
Additional information for residents in certain states. California, Nevada, and Virginia law require that we tell you if we sell personal information to a third party for monetary or (in California) other valuable consideration. We do not do this. We also do not sell personal information of minors under the age of 16 for monetary or other valuable consideration.
YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
You can opt out of certain marketing. To stop receiving our marketing emails please email us at the address noted at the end or follow the instructions in any marketing email message you get from us. If you opt out of marketing emails you will continue to receive non-marketing emails from us about your relationship with us where permitted by law.
You can control certain aspects of your interactions with others on Backbone. Backbone is meant to offer a fun way for people to interact with other gamers. Any user can join a public chat room, with or without an invite from you and whether or not you know him or her. Parties can be launched between friends. You can post Highlights that include your gameplay. For questions about chat or parties, you can contact us as noted at the end of this policy.
You can control certain settings on your mobile device. For example, you can turn off the location services or push notifications on your phone. To modify the push notifications you get from us you can change your preferences in your device settings. You also can modify app level permissions, such as location collection, through your device settings.
OUR COOKIE AND AD POLICY
You can control cookies and tracking tools. Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies or other tracking tools. How you do so depends on the type of tool. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
Behavioral advertising. To opt out of behavioral advertising, read our Notice of Right to Opt-out of Sharing/Selling for Behavioral Advertising below. Additionally, the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising provides consumers with the ability to manage certain choices online here and provides a tool for managing mobile choices here. European users should use the following link to learn more about how to opt out of receiving these types of ads: https://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. Canadian users can use the following link: https://youradchoices.ca/en/tools.
Our Do Not Track Policy: Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals except as described in the Notice of Right to Opt-Out of Sharing, below.
Notice of Right to Opt-out of Selling/Sharing for Behavioral Advertising: You can opt out of the selling/sharing of your personal information for behavioral advertising by visiting here. Depending on where you live, you may uncheck the box for “marketing and targeting” cookies, or “sale of personal information” and/or confirm that only the “essential” category of use is enabled. You can also configure your browser as we describe in this section. Some browsers or browser extensions also allow you to tell websites not to share your information for behavioral advertising through the “global privacy control” signal. We will respond to this signal in a frictionless manner. If you configure this setting on your browser, certain features on our site may not work and you will receive less targeted advertising. To learn how to configure this setting, view here.
Options you make are browser and device specific.
Specific Rights in Certain Jurisdictions
If you are a consumer who lives in the EU, the UK, California, Canada, or jurisdictions with similar laws, you may have additional rights. Those rights depend on our relationship. The rights are subject to certain limitations and are not absolute. This might include if a legal exception applies. If that is the case, we will not be able to process your request.
- Access and portability. You have the right to learn the categories of information we collect and use. You may have the right to learn the sources of collection and the business purpose for the collection. You may also have the right to know if your information is disclosed. You may also have the right to a copy of all your personal information or the specific pieces of the personal information we have collected.
- Correction. You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date personal information.
- Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete your personal information.
- Restrict or object to processing. UK and EU residents have the right to limit the way we use personal information. This can be done as an alternative to requesting we delete your personal information. You may also have the right to object to how we process information. You can also withdraw your consent.
Nevada residents. You may also opt out of the future sale of your information to a third party so that they may license or sell that information by contacting us as noted at the end of this notice.
How it Works
To exercise your rights, submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. When you submit your request, we use information you provide to verify your request. We do this by matching the information you provide with information we already have about you. In some situations we may not be able to process your request. This may include if a legal exception applies. If you disagree with our decision you can contact us as described at the end of this policy. We will not discriminate against you because you exercised your rights.
Third party agents: If you are submitting a request on behalf of an eligible resident, we may ask for additional information to verify your identity. This may include providing proof that you are registered with the Secretary of State to act on someone’s behalf or proof of a power of attorney.
OUR SITES ARE NOT INTENDED FOR CHILDREN
Our sites are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has given us information, you can contact us at the email or address above. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.”
Parents can learn more about how to protect children's privacy online here.
WE USE REASONABLE SECURITY MEASURES
We use reasonable security measures as required by relevant law. The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet.
OUR PLATFORMS ARE BASED IN THE UNITED STATES
Information we collect may be stored and processed in the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your information to the United States. The United States may not afford the same level of protection as the laws in your country. By submitting your information you agree to the processing of it in the US as permitted by law. Information we transfer to the United States from another country will be subject to appropriate safeguards under applicable law.
THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have other questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, including if you wish to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com also have the right to direct complaints about our privacy practices to your local Data Protection Authority.
You may also contact us by mail at:
Backbone Labs, Inc.
1815 NW 169th Pl Suite 4020
Beaverton OR 97006
WE MAY UPDATE THIS POLICY
We may make changes or updates to this Policy. We will notify you of any material changes to this Policy as required by law. Changes will also be posted on our website. Please check our site periodically for updates.