Last Updated: August 11, 2023
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The categories of personal information we collect depend on whether you are a user or visitor, and the requirements of applicable law.
Information You Provide to Us.
Account Creation: When you create a user account, we may collect your name, phone number, email address, age, picture, username, and password. You also have the option to upload your phone’s contacts, which will be used to find friends using the Service and reach out to them to play with.
Your Communications with Us. We collect personal information from you such as email address, phone number, or mailing address when you request information about our Services, register for our newsletter, request customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us.
Surveys. We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include personal information.
Social Media Content. We may offer forums, blogs, or social media pages. Any content you provide on these channels will be considered “public” and is not subject to privacy protections.
Registration for Sweepstakes or Contests. We may run sweepstakes and contests. Contact information you provide may be used to reach you about the sweepstakes or contest and for other promotional, marketing and business purposes, if permitted by law. In some jurisdictions, we are required to publicly share information of winners.
Information Collected Automatically or From Others
Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically when you use the Services. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, details about your browser, operating system or device, location information, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before, during and after using the Services, information about the links you click, and other information about how you use the Services. Information we collect may be associated with accounts and other devices.
In addition, we may automatically collect data regarding your use of our Services, such as the types of content you interact with and the frequency and duration of your activities. We may combine your information with information that other people provide when they use our Services, including information about you when they tag you.
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Services may not work properly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in the Services that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
- Third Party Pixels and Cookies. When you visit our website, log in, register or open an email, cookies, ad beacons, and similar technologies may be used by our online data partners or vendors to associate these activities with information they or others have about you, including your email address. We (or service providers on our behalf) may then send communications and marketing to these email addresses. You may opt out of receiving this advertising by visiting https://app.retention.com/optout.
Analytics. We may also use Google Analytics and other analytic service providers such as Segment, Facebook, Amplitude, Sentry, and Buglife to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on our Services.
- For more information about Google Analytics, please visit https://google.com/policies/privacy/partners. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- For information regarding how to opt out of Segment’s processing, please visit https://segment.com/legal/privacy.
- For information regarding Sentry, visit https://sentry.io/privacy.
- For information regarding Instabug, visit https://instabug.com/privacy.
Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information about you from other sources, including through third party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you. For example, if you access our Services through a third-party application, such as an app store, a third-party login service, or a social networking site, we may collect information about you from that third-party application that you have made public via your privacy settings. Information we collect through these services may include your name, your user identification number, your user name, location, gender, birth date, email address, profile picture, and your contacts stored in that service. This supplemental information allows us to verify information that you have provided to us and to enhance our ability to provide you with information about our business, products, and Services.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information for a variety of business purposes, including to:
- Fulfil our contract with you and provide you with our Services, such as:
- Managing your information and accounts;
- Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services;
- Communicating with you about your account, activities on our Services and policy changes;
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device;
- Processing your financial information and other payment methods for products or Services purchased;
- Providing advertising, analytics and marketing services;
- Communicating with you about products, services, and events offered by Backbone and others, request feedback, and send news, gifts or other information we think will be of interest to you via SMS, email, or other communication platforms (see the "Your Choices" section below for information on how to opt out of marketing messages);
- Providing Services on behalf of our developer partners who use our SDK, such as maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, and verifying customer information;
- Processing applications and transactions; and
- Allowing you to register for events.
- Analyze and improve our Services pursuant to our legitimate interest, such as:
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Measuring interest and engagement in our Services and short-term, transient use, such as contextual customization of ads;
- Undertaking research for technological development and demonstration;
- Researching and developing products, services, marketing or security procedures to improve their performance, resilience, reliability or efficiency;
- Improving, upgrading or enhancing our Services or devices;
- Developing new products and Services;
- Ensuring internal quality control;
- Verifying your identity and preventing fraud;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Enforcing our terms and policies; and
- Complying with our legal obligations, protecting your vital interest, or as may be required for the public good.
- Provide you with additional content and Services, such as:
- Personalizing your gaming experience;
- Identifying friends to join your game parties;
- Furnishing you with customized materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services;
- Auditing relating to interactions, transactions and other compliance activities; and
- Other purposes you consent to, are notified of, or are disclosed when you provide personal information.
- Automated profiling. We may use technologies considered to be automated decision making or profiling. We will not make automated decisions about you that would significantly affect you, unless such a decision is necessary as part of a contract we have with you, we have your consent, or we are permitted by law to use such technology. You may escalate any concerns you have by contacting us below.
- De-identified and Aggregated Information. We may use personal information and other data about you to create de-identified and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access our Services, or other analyses we create.
- Share Content with Friends or Colleagues. Our Services may offer various tools and functionalities. For example, we may allow you to provide information about your friends through our referral services. Our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email, text, or other notification inviting your friend to use our Services.
- Operationally Necessary. This includes Technologies that allow you access to our Services, applications, and tools that are required to identify irregular site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security or that allow you to make use of our functionality;
- Performance Related. We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how our visitors use the Services;
- Functionality Related. We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Services. This may include identifying you when you sign into our Services or keeping track of your specified preferences, interests, or past items viewed;
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first party or third-party Technologies to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Services or on third party sites.
- Cross-Device Tracking. Your browsing activity may be tracked across different websites and different devices or apps. For example, we may attempt to match your activity on your phone with your browsing activity on your tablet. To do this, we or our technology partners may share data, such as your browsing patterns, geo-location and device identifiers, and will match the information of the browser and devices that appear to be used by the same person.
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We do not share your personal information, other than with the categories of third parties listed below. For a list of the categories of personal information we have disclosed about consumers for a business purpose in the past 12 months, see below:
A real name, alias, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
|A name or telephone number.|
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
|D. Commercial information.|
Records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
|E. Internet or other electronic network activity.|
Browsing history, information on a consumer's interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
F. Inferences drawn from other personal information to create a profile about a consumer.
|Profile reflecting a consumer's preferences, or behavior.|
We have not sold personal information to third parties in the preceding 12 months.
Service Providers. We may share any personal information we collect about you with our third- party service providers. The categories of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust personal information include: IT and related services; information and services; payment processors; customer service providers; and vendors to support the provision of the Services.
Developer Partners. We may share your personal information with third-party developers who integrate the Backbone SDK into their products or services.
Business Partners. We may provide personal information to business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear along with ours.
Affiliates. We may share personal information with our affiliated companies.
Advertising Partners. Through our Services, we may allow third-party advertising partners to set Technologies and other tracking tools to collect information regarding your activities and your device (e.g., your IP address, mobile identifiers, page(s) visited, location, time of day). We may also combine and share such information and other information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) with third party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit third party websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising.” We may allow access to other data collected by the Services to share information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. If you prefer not to share your personal information with third-party advertising partners, you may follow the instructions below.
Disclosures to Protect Us or Others. We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we store associated with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
Disclosure in the Event of Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract.
International Data Transfers.
You agree that all information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live. We have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected and require our third-party service providers and partners to have appropriate safeguards as well. Further details can be provided upon request.
You have certain choices about your personal information. Where you have consented to the processing of your personal information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and prevent further processing by contacting us as described below. Even if you opt out, we may still collect and use non- personal information regarding your activities on our Services and for other legal purposes as described above.
Email and Telephone Communications.
We process requests to be placed on do-not-mail, do-not-phone and do-not-contact lists as required by applicable law.
We may send you push notifications through our mobile application. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings on your mobile device. We may also collect information regarding your phone contacts if you use our mobile applications and opt in. You may opt-out of this collection by changing the privacy settings on your mobile device.
“Do Not Track.”
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising.
You may stop or restrict the placement of Technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these and learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, https://youradchoices.ca/choices/, and www.aboutads.info/choices/. To separately make choices for mobile apps on a mobile device, you can download DAA’s AppChoices application from your device’s app store. Alternatively, for some devices you may use your device’s platform controls in your settings to exercise choice.
|Name of partner||Opt-out information|
|Cookies & Other Storage Technologies|
Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device. Advertisements on third-party websites that contain the AdChoices link may have been directed to you based on information collected by advertising partners over time and across websites. These advertisements provide a mechanism to opt out of the advertising partners’ use of this information for interest-based advertising purposes.
Your Privacy Rights. In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
- Access to/Portability of Personal Data about you consistent with legal requirements. In addition, you may have the right in some cases to receive or have your electronic Personal Data transferred to another party.
- Request Correction of your personal information where it is inaccurate or incomplete. In some cases, we may provide self-service tools that enable you to update your personal information or we may refer you to the controller of your personal information who is able to make the correction.
- Request Deletion of your personal information, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law.
- Request restriction of or object to processing of your personal information, including the right to opt in or opt out of the sale of your Personal Data to third parties, if applicable, where such requests are permitted by law.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at playbackbone.com/support. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
By using the Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Services, by mail or by sending an e-mail to you.
The Services are not directed to children under 13 (or other age as required by local law), and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, you may contact us as set forth below. If we learn that we have collected any personal information in violation of applicable law, we will promptly take steps to delete such information, unless we have a legal obligation to retain it, and terminate the child’s account.
If you are located in the European Economic Area or the UK, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe our processing of your personal information violates applicable law.